|Travel and Transportation
Travelling to Haynes Park
A local area map is available here.
New one way road system
Travelling by Car
- New this year both lanes of the road from the A6 to the Haynes Park entry gate will be in a single direction.
- In the morning both lanes will travel in the direction towards Haynes Park.
- On exiting, both lanes of Church End road will go towards direction of the A6.
- Please cooperate with traffic sevadars
- Please obey speed limits. Please park where requested by sevadars.
- Do not leave children unattended in your car, even for a short time.
- All drivers and passengers are required to wear seatbelts.
From the North
- Use the M1 and leave at Junction 13 and take the new A421 to Bedford. Approach Haynes Park southwards on the A6 from Bedford.
From the South or East of Haynes Park (e.g. Central, South or East London & East Anglia)
- Use the A600 northwards towards Bedford, turning left after Shefford for Haynes Church End.
- Do not approach Haynes Park northwards on the A6 to turn right into Church End Road. Instead, from Clophill use A507 and A600 for Haynes Church End.
For Those Travelling by Taxi
Following is a listing of local taxi companies:
- One Atlas - +44 1234 358888
- AGS Ltd - +44 1234 340900/1234 218888
- JS Cars - +44 1234 270200
- Anglia Cars - +44 1234 349155
- Milton Keynes Taxi - +44 1908 220022
- Local Taxi Services are also available at both Flitwick and Bedford train stations for Haynes.
- British Airport Transfers - www.british-airport-transfers.co.uk Provide a licensed taxi service to and from any part of the United Kingdom 24 hours a day 7 days
a week. Prices are very competitive and considerably lower than metered taxis at the taxi stands. Passengers can pre book their Heathrow/Gatwick taxi service
online at fixed prices using a unique online booking system. For two or more people this is a very competitive way to travel from the airport to Bedford/Milton
For Those Travelling by Coach
- Only coaches booked by Secretaries or National Co-ordinators and approved by Haynes Park will be allowed into the grounds.
- Please leave your belongings including mobile phones in your coach.
- Coach departure time is 1.15 pm.
- Please contact your local secretary or co-ordinator for information about coaches to and from Haynes Park.
Access by Public Transport
- There are limited train services to and from Bedford on Sundays, so please check the schedule.
- From Bedford or Flitwick train station it will be necessary to take a taxi to Haynes Park.
- There is no bus service to Haynes Park.
Travelling from Heathrow to London
- Heathrow Airport - www.heathrowairport.com - This gives you information about travelling into London from Heathrow Airport.
- Heathrow Express - www.heathrowexpress.com - Fast, frequent trains operate from Heathrow to London Paddington. Trains run every 15 minutes and journey time is 15 minutes from Terminals 1 and 3, or 21 minutes from Terminal 5.
- Heathrow Connect - www.heathrowconnect.com - Trains run from Heathrow to Paddington via local stations in West London. Trains run every 30 minutes and journey time is 25 minutes from Terminals 1 and 3 or 28 minutes from Terminal 4.
- London Underground - www.tfl.gov.uk - Piccadilly Line trains operate a frequent, cost-effective service into Central London with a journey time of approximately 50-60 minutes.
Travelling from London to Stevenage, Milton Keynes, Luton and Bedford
- Milton Keynes - Trains leave from London Euston station to Milton Keynes operated by London Midland and Virgin Rail. They depart approximately every 30 minutes and fares depend on time of travel.
- Bedford - Trains leave from London St Pancras station to Bedford operated by First Capital Connect and Midland Mainline. The trains depart approximately every 30 minutes and fares depend on time of travel.
- Local Taxi Service is available at both Milton Keynes and Bedford train stations for Haynes.
Travelling from Gatwick to London
- Gatwick Airport - www.gatwickairport.com - For up to date travel information please refer to this website.This gives you information about travelling into London from Gatwick Airport using the following services:
- Gatwick Express - www.gatwickexpress.com - Gatwick Express is the fastest rail link between the airport and Central London. Non-stop trains run to and from London Victoria every 15 minutes and take 30-35 minutes. Tickets can be bought in the terminals, at the station, or onboard at no extra cost.
- First Capital Connect - www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk - Services to London Bridge and St Pancras International run four times an hour with a journey time of between 30-45 minutes. This train then continues to Bedford.
Travelling by Coach
- National Express - www.nationalexpress.com - For up to date travel information please refer to this website. National Express has service from
Luton Airport to Stevenage and Stansted Airport to Stevenage.
© 2014 Science of the Soul